There can be multiple reasons why your SIM card may not be working. We recommend you contact your wireless carrier to confirm whether or not your SIM card can be switched to another phone device.
Contact your local carrier:
For international carriers contact their local support to verify
If your carrier SIM card does support the TYPE-S then you can try the following troubleshooting methods:
Make sure the TYPE-S is up to date.
To update the TYPE-S connect to wifi and follow instructions
- Insert your SIM card and restart the TYPE-S unit. It should automatically set up.
Check to make sure there is no dust that can affect it. Try the following:
- Turn off the TYPE-S and remove the SIM card
- Clean the gold connectors on the SIM with a clean lint-free cloth
- Turn the TYPE-S on without the SIM card and check battery life
- Turn off the TYPE-S, replace the SIM card and restart the unit.
Toggle Airplane Mode
Swipe down on the TYPE-S unit and select the Airplane mode icon on and off.
Clear Android cache and data on the SIM card
Go to Settings > Storage > other apps > SIM Toolkit
Tap "Clear Cache"
Check your local area to make sure you have carrier signal. Sometimes some places may not have the best signal. Check with others to see if they have a signal.
Reset your network settings
Go to settings > System > Advanced > Reset Options
Reset your Wi-Fi, Mobile & Bluetooth
You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team members can connect with you to assist.